This self-drive, guided safari takes you through three spectacular wilderness regions, giving three unique experiences with diverse and fascinating landscapes. You’ll stay in the finest camps and lodges, travelling in your own private 4×4 luxury safari vehicle, with an experienced two-member guide team accompanying you in a support vehicle.
The journey takes you to Etosha Pan in the 22270 km2 Etosha National Park, then on to the Kunene River region or Kaokoland – one of the last vestiges of unspoilt wilderness in Africa. Heading south from the border of Angola you enter into Damaraland, home of the desert elephant, rhino and the Vanishing Kings – lions of the Namib.
Contact us today for the next available scheduled departure.
- Dramatic landscapes and scenery.
- Stay in remote luxury camps in starkly beautiful settings.
- Seek out desert-adapted wildlife on guided game drives.
- Experience the oldest desert in the world and view the unbelievable unpolluted night sky.
- Transcend the most revered mountain pass in Namibia, “Van Zyl’s Pass.”
- Meet the Himba people, one of the last truly semi-nomadic desert-dwelling groups in Africa, and learn about their way of life.
- This trip culminates with flight over the same route that you have just traveled giving a really unique dimension to your adventure.